Health. Inspiration. Friendship.
Wrestling is a tense one-on-one combat sport conducted on a circular mat without the use of any equipment or protective gear. There are two styles of wrestling, Freestyle and Greco-Roman. In Freestyle Wrestling, wrestlers can use all parts of the body, enabling swift actions and rapid techniques to break the opponent’s balance and bring them down. Greco- Roman Wrestling, on the other hand, forbids wrestlers from attacking below their opponent’s waist. The wrestlers, therefore, grip their opponent’s upper body and use powerful techniques such as throwing in this dynamic tournament.
- Wrestling is considered the oldest sport on earth. Cave drawings dating back to 3,000 B.C. depict the sport
- In the Middle Ages wrestling was popular among the Royal Families of England, Japan and France
Days of competition: 2 days
Competition dates: 25–26 September
Medal events: 18
Competition venue: Main Indoor Arena
- Latest News30 October, 2016 (09:59)
- Latest News
Turkmen masters of national wrestling goresh took first place in total count during Asian Championship28 June, 2016 (23:01)
- Latest News07 June, 2016 (11:03)
- Latest News
The national junior team in freestyle wrestling is being formed to take part in the championships of Asia and the world15 March, 2016 (11:47)
- Latest News12 February, 2014 (21:13)
- Latest News13 May, 2013 (22:21)